Welcome to the website of Wings of Care (Kanfei Chesed) Inc and the Jewish Mental Health Network.
This site aims to show and inform you of what is happening in mental health in Melbourne’s Jewish community, through Wings of Care (Kanfei Chesed) Inc and the Jewish Mental Health Network.
On this website you can learn about
- our organisation
- its structure and the services we provide
- our Charter - we welcome your comments
- available resources in the Jewish & mainstream communities
- events in our organizations
- overseas conferences in mental health
- links to other mental health organizations
We also highlight
- The Jewish Mental Health Network
- its Mission Statement and Aims
- a history on how it evolved,
- list of constituents
- services provided in the community by Network members
- Network Newsletters, current and previous publications
- how to contact us
You can also learn about our involvement in the Social Justice Committee through the divisions of Social Justice & Mental Illness and Social Justice & Psychological Disorders.
The Community Chest evolved from a Poverty and Mental Illness paper that was developed through our involvement in the Social Justice Committee. This tackles poverty relief through our generous patrons.
Our Consumer Website www.vicnet.net.au/~msupport is also worth a visit whether you are a consumer or not. If you are a consumer it is hoped you will enjoy the companionship of others, share their insights, their creativity, knowledge of their mental illnesses and eventually, through our message board, when it is up and running, have an opportunity to communicate with other Jewish consumers from near and far.
If you are not a consumer visiting this site, it is hoped, will give you an insight and a greater understanding of how it feels to have a mental illness and live with it.
If you wish to donate to Wings of Care, please click here or go to the donate button at the top of the page.